Tuesday, March 9, 2021

I have moved to Port de Paix Haiti! Ministry update!

 Hey!

I want to update you guys on how the past month has been involving the move and settling into the new house.


We left Saint-Marc on February 3rd and on the way here to Port of Peace we ran into a roadblock of sorts. We ran out of gas right in the middle of the road where a construction crew was working, and while waiting for gas all the workers came over and started chatting with us. They said we had to move the car out of the way so they helped us push the big truck a ways down the road. That was kind of fun!


Later when we got to the new house our landlord and some of her employees warmly greeted us and after unloading the truck, she gave us food! It didnt stop there; she brought us breakfast the next day too. We then, though fatigued, unpacked and organized the whole house. This took a couple weeks and if I’m being honest those few weeks really did me in.


As we finished making the house more livable, we started more long term work and I was put in charge of the kitchen. This was hard too as I didn't know my way around the city and many times couldn't find all the ingredients required for that day. 


On the ministry side of things we started going door to door and invited people to all our individual small groups. This past week Louis actually had his first small group meeting and that was cool for me to see how God worked through that. it also made me excited for the rest of the small groups to begin. In April I'll be starting a dance group and I can't wait to see how God works through the youth there! 










I ask that you please keep the young people of Haiti in your prayers, and that those coming to our campus would be so blessed and encouraged!


Mesi(thanks), Mica !


No comments:

Post a Comment